Ms. Hanks obtained a bachelor of science degree in civil engineering from Auburn University in 1996 and obtained her law degree from the University of Georgia in 1999. During law school, Ms. Hanks was a member of numerous mock trial teams and competed nationally. Ms. Hanks was one of four (4) members of the UGA mock trial team that won the Association of Trial Lawyers of America Mock Trial Competition in Denver, Colorado, the first national championship to be awarded to The University of Georgia School of Law’s mock trial program. During law school, she interned in the Western Circuit District Attorney’s office.
Upon graduating from law school, Ms. Hanks began prosecuting in the Clarke County Solicitor’s Office as an assistant solicitor-general. She then clerked for the Honorable Kent Lawrence, former State Court Judge for Clarke County. After her clerkship, she accepted a position as an assistant district attorney in the Alcovy Circuit where she worked with Jeff Foster. In August of 2003, Ms. Hanks and Mr. Foster left the Alcovy Circuit District Attorney’s office and opened Foster & Hanks, LLC.
During her legal career, Ms. Hanks has had significant trial experience, including aggravated child molestation and murder trials. Ms. Hanks has successfully represented numerous civil litigants and now exclusively practices family law.
Ms. Hanks was selected to join the State Bar of Georgia's Fellows Program. Only four (4) percent of the active membership of the State Bar is invited to join. The invitation recognizes attorneys whose public and private careers demonstrate outstanding legal abilities and a devotion to their communities. She was also selected to attend Leadership Walton.
Ms. Hanks is married and has a daughter.
Area of Practice:
- Family Law
- State of Georgia, 1999
- Court of Appeals of the State of Georgia, 1999
- Supreme Court of the State of Georgia
- Assistant District Attorney for Walton and Newton Counties.
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Kent Lawrence, State Court Judge for Clarke County.
- Assistant Solicitor-General for Athens-Clarke County.
- Juris Doctor, University of Georgia School of Law, May 1999
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, Auburn University, May 1996
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Alcovy Circuit Bar Association
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- State Bar of Georgia's Fellows Program